If you’re looking to improve your health and clean up your diet, these seven simple tips for eating clean can help get you started. From ditching processed foods to stocking up on healthy produce, making small changes in your eating habits can have a big impact on your overall health. So if you’re ready to eat cleaner and feel better, read on for seven tips to help you get started.
Table of Contents
Implement these tips into your own life and see how eating clean can improve your health!
1. Ditch processed foods: If you want to clean up your diet, one of the best places to start is by ditching processed foods. Opt for whole, unprocessed foods as much as possible and your body will thank you.
2. Eat more produce: Another simple tip for eating clean is to make sure you’re getting plenty of fresh produce. Fill your plate with colorful fruits and vegetables at every meal and snack on healthy options like carrots and celery sticks throughout the day. Try our Brown Butter Brussels Sprouts recipe!
3. Meal prep: Another great way to make sure you’re eating clean is to meal prep ahead of time. This way, you’ll always have healthy, homemade meals on hand and you won’t be tempted to order takeout or eat unhealthy convenience foods.
4. Limit sugar: If you’re trying to eat clean, it’s also important to limit your sugar intake. Too much sugar can lead to weight gain and other health problems, so try to satisfy your sweet tooth with natural options like fruits or honey instead.
5. Drink plenty of water: Staying hydrated is important for overall health, and it’s especially important when you’re trying to eat clean. Make sure you’re drinking plenty of water throughout the day and avoid sugary drinks like soda or juice.
6. Get active: Exercise is an important part of staying healthy, and it’s also a great way to boost your energy levels and help with weight loss. If you’re trying to eat clean, make sure you’re getting regular exercise and staying active.
7. Be patient: Finally, don’t get discouraged if you don’t see results right away. Eating clean takes time, and it’s important to be patient as you make changes to your diet. Stick with it and you’ll eventually see the benefits of eating clean!
What foods are considered processed?
Processed foods are those that have been altered from their natural state in some way, such as by being canned, dehydrated, or had artificial ingredients added to them. Processed foods tend to be less healthy than whole, unprocessed foods and should be limited in the diet.
When clean eating for health, why are processed foods not a good option?
Certain overly processed foods may not good for you because they have been severely altered from their natural state and often have unhealthy additives added to them. These foods tend to be high in calories, sodium fat, and sugar, and can contribute to weight gain and other health problems. It’s best to eat whole, unprocessed foods as much as possible.
What is meal prepping?
Meal prepping is the act of preparing meals in advance so that they can be easily reheated and eaten later. This is a great way to make sure you always have healthy, homemade meals on hand and you won’t be tempted to order takeout or eat unhealthy convenience foods. Meal prepping can take some time and effort, but it’s worth it if you’re trying to eat clean and stay healthy. Check out Lisa’s tips for meal prepping over at Downshiftology.
Let us know your tips and tricks about clean eating for health in the comments below!