Spice up your seafood dishes with Bloves Smackalicious seafood boil sauce! This delectable dipping sauce, crafted by YouTube sensation BlovesLife, is a perfect complement to fish, shrimp and crab. Its richness and zesty flavor will add that extra something special to any seafood boil!
We’ve been a fan of Bloveslife for years now and was excited to see her Smackalicious seasoning mix sold on Amazon. It’s one of the best seafood boil sauces out there so it’s often sold out. We decided to create this copycat recipe so we always have some on hand. This sauce is amazing and can be used with a variety of seafood and vegetables. We serve this sauce with our Cajun Seafood Boil in a Bag.
Table of Contents
Who is Bloveslife?
Bloveslife, or Bethany, is an exceedingly popular mukbanger on YouTube with a passion for cooking up edible creations. We love that she puts her own spin on iconic dishes. With over three million subscribers and counting, it’s clear that the internet loves Bloveslife and the unique experiences she offers through her videos. Not only is she entertaining and creative; she’s also uplifting and inspirational.
Ingredients Needed to Make Bloves Seafood Boil Sauce
Seasoning Mix Ingredients
These spices and herbs will be added to the butter sauce. See the recipe card for exact measurements.
- garlic powder
- cayenne pepper, optional – Use more if you prefer a spicy sauce.
- onion powder
- lemon pepper – We went heavy on the lemon pepper because we love a citrusy sauce! You can also add in some lemon zest for extra lemony flavor.
- chili powder
- Cajun seasoning – Our favorite Cajun spice mix is made by Tony Chachere.
- old bay seasoning
- mustard powder
- celery seeds
- umami powder, optional – We know some of you have a sensitivity to MSG so we formulated this copycat recipe with an umami blend that replaces this ingredient. Experience that 5th sense of taste with this savory blend.
Butter Sauce Ingredients
- salted butter – You’ll need 4 sticks of butter. Yes, four!
- red onion – Or you can go with white or yellow onion.
- fresh garlic cloves
- Worcestershire sauce
- chicken broth or chicken stock
- spicy honey – We love Trader Joe’s Hot Honey and Mike’s Hot Honey
- hot sauce – You can substitute this with tabasco sauce.
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- pickled ginger- Do a quick pickle by combining boiling water, rice wine vinegar, honey and salt. Pour over sliced ginger in a mason jar. Let come to room temperature and rest in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- white vinegar – Red wine vinegar and apple cider vinegar also work well in this recipe.
- fresh parsley
- kosher salt and black pepper, to taste – We actually didn’t need to add any additional salt so be sure to taste your sauce before adding.
How to Make the Blove’s Smackalicious Sauce
Whisk together all of the dried spices and herbs from the seasoning mix list in a medium bowl.
Melt the butter in a large skillet or saucepan over medium-low heat. Add sliced onion, minced garlic and pickled ginger. Cook for 1-2 minutes while stirring constantly.
Add the Worcestershire sauce, white vinegar chicken broth, honey, hot sauce and fresh lemon juice. Mix them together until combined. Add salt, to taste. You more than likely won’t need any additional salt.
Add the seasoning mix and bring it to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Garnish with fresh parsley. Remove the sauce from the heat, and let it cool slightly before serving. Serve with a Cajun Seafood Boil in a Bag!
How to Use Bloves Seafood Sauce
Spice up your seafood boils with Blove’s sauce! Not only is this a delightful dipping sauce to spice up your seafood boils you can also use it to give depth and flavor to crab legs, fish, beef, chicken and vegetables. And it is amazing drizzled over steamed rice! This yummy rich sauce is very versatile.
Why make your own seafood boil sauce when you can just buy it pre-made?
Making your own seafood boil dipping sauce has several advantages over buying it pre-made. You control the ingredients and can make sure that you’re using your favorite flavors. You can make a sauce that’s just as spicy or as mild as you’d like. If you appreciate freshness, making your own sauce gives you the assurance that no preservatives are added and will result in an even more delicious dining experience.
Smackalicious Seafood Boil Sauce Variations
Spicy Seafood Boil Sauce
For a little bit of extra heat, add some diced jalapeños or red pepper flakes to this delicious bloves sauce recipe. This spicy version is perfect for those who like a little kick to their seafood.
Herbed Seafood Boil Sauce
For a more complex flavor, add some fresh herbs like chopped parsley, thyme or rosemary. This herbed version is perfect for shrimp or lobster.
Sweet and Spicy Seafood Boil Sauce
For a sweet and spicy flavor, add additional honey or brown sugar and cayenne pepper to the mix.
Garlic Seafood Boil Sauce
This variation adds in extra fresh garlic for a bolder flavor. The garlic pairs well with the other flavors in the sauce.
How to Store
Allow the butter sauce to cool completely at room temperature. Store leftover sauce in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 7 days and in the freezer for up to six months.
How to Reheat
On the Stovetop: Reheat the butter sauce in a saucepan over medium heat until it starts to simmer.
In the Microwave: In a microwave safe dish, heat in 30 second increments unitl your desired temperature.
See our comprehensive guide to reheating a seafood boil with or without a bag.
To sum it all up, BlovesLife’s Smackalicious seafood boil sauce is a savory sauce that can add an intriguing flavor to any seafood boil. You can purchase the seasoning mix on Amazon or you make your own with the ingredients and steps we outlined. With this delicious sauce to hand, you’ll be able to elevate your dishes with a rich buttery and lemony flavor! We’ve been using this sauce for quite some time now and we love how it brings out the succulent flavors of shrimp, crab, and fish. Give it a try and see how it makes your dishes come alive with an explosion of flavor!
Looking for more sauces and seasonings?
Copycat Bloves Smackalicious Seafood Boil Sauce
Seasoning Mix Ingredients
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp lemon pepper
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cajun seasoning
- 1 tbsp old bay seasoning
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp celery seed
- 1 tbsp umami powder, optional
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 sticks of salted butter
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp hot honey
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup pickled ginger
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all the spices from the Seasoning Mix list in a mixing bowl.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet or saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add sliced onion, minced garlic and pickled ginger. Cook for 1-2 minutes while stirring constantly.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, vinegar chicken broth, honey, salt to taste, hot sauce and lemon juice. Mix them together until combined.
- Add the seasoning mix and bring it to a boil, stirring occasionally. Garnish with fresh parsley.
- Remove the sauce from the heat, and let it cool slightly before serving.