This honey lime dressing is a delightful and super healthy vinaigrette that adds a bright and mouthwatering flavor to almost any dish. This versatile concoction is made with simple ingredients like honey, lime juice, and olive oil, which come together to create a light and delicious emulsion. Because of its sweet-tart tanginess, this dressing works especially well with salads and fish dishes, imparting an extra zing that can’t be found in other dressings. Check out our classic chopped salad using this dressing.
Plus, it easily doubles as a marinade for grilled chicken or veggies! Next time you’re looking for something unique to add pizza pizzazz to your culinary creations, try using honey lime dressing – your taste buds will thank you!
Table of Contents
Ingredients Needed and Health Benefits
In addition to being tasty on salads, this honey lime dressing offers several nutritional benefits thanks to its simple ingredients.
Honey is a natural sweetener that is made by bees. It is composed of fructose, glucose, and water. Honey has a variety of health benefits, including being an antioxidant and helping to fight inflammation.
2. Lime juice
Lime juice is a citrus juice that is made from limes. It is rich in vitamin C and can help to boost the immune system. Lime juice also has antibacterial properties and can help to fight infections.
3. Olive oil
Olive oil is a type of vegetable oil that is extracted from olives. It is high in healthy monounsaturated fats and antioxidants. Olive oil has been shown to improve heart health, reduce inflammation, and lower blood sugar levels.
Garlic is a type of onion that is often used as a flavoring agent in food. It contains sulfur-containing compounds that have antibacterial and antiviral properties. Garlic has also been shown to boost the immune system and improve heart health.
5. Champagne Vinegar
Champagne vinegar is a light and flavorful option that packs plenty of punch when it comes to offering health benefits. Not only is champagne vinegar high in vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients, but it can also help support the immune system, improve digestion and reduce inflammation. A few drops added to a salad or marinade can turn an ordinary meal into something special – with even more extraordinary gains for your health.
6. Dijon mustard
Dijon mustard is a type of mustard that originates from the Dijon region of France. It is made with white wine, vinegar, and spices, and has a creamy texture. It is often used in salad dressings and other recipes as an emulsifier or for its tangy flavor
7. Fresh Parsley
Parsley is an underrated and underappreciated herb that has many health benefits. It’s packed with antioxidants, vitamins A and C, and other nutrients that can help strengthen your immune system and reduce inflammation.
Salt is a mineral that is composed of sodium and chloride ions. It is necessary for human health, but it should be consumed in moderation as it can raise blood pressure levels. Salt can be used to flavor food or as a preservative.
9. Black Pepper
Pepper is a spice that comes from the pepper plant. It contains compounds that can help to improve digestion and relieve pain. Pepper can also be used as an anti-inflammatory agent
How to Make Honey Lime Dressing
Making your own honey lime dressing is easy! Here’s what you need to do:
1. Gather the ingredients. To make this vinaigrette, you will need 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil, 3 tbsp champagne vinegar, 3 tbsp fresh lime juice, 3 tsp whole grain mustard, 4 minced garlic cloves, 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley, 3 tsp honey, salt, and pepper.
2. Preparing the ingredients. Start by squeezing the lime juice into a small bowl until you have 3 tbsp of juice. Peel and mince the garlic clove and measure out all of the other ingredients.
3. Blending the ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, minced garlic, honey, chopped parsley, lime juice, mustard, salt and pepper. Slowly pour olive oil into the mixture while whisking to emulsify.
Combined with the bright, citrusy flavor of limes, this homemade lime salad dressing is truly a flavorful treat. The perfect amount of sweetness and tanginess takes it over the top, giving every dish a delightful twist. You can pair it with just about any salad you choose – try it out on leafy greens, quinoa, or any of your favorite salads. Not only will this homemade dressing instantly upgrade your dish, but its light flavor will also make all the flavors in your salad shine even brighter.
Storing and Serving Suggestions
Place your finished dressing into an airtight container like a mason jar and store in the refrigerator for up to five days; shake well before serving over salad greens with your favorite toppings such as tomatoes or cucumbers!
What can I use honey lime vinaigrette dressing for?
Honey lime vinaigrette dressing is a versatile condiment for salads that can be used in a variety of ways. It has a delicate sweetness from the honey, balanced out with a citrus zing from the lime and tang from the vinegar. With its light flavor, it complements and doesn’t overpower most dishes.
Honey lime vinaigrette dressing is perfect for topping off any green salad or slaw; try adding some diced mangoes, cucumbers, bell peppers or red onions for an extra layer of color and flavor!
Use as a marinade: And if you’re into cooking with unexpected ingredients – this honey lime vinaigrette recipe makes an amazing marinade for chicken or pork. Simply combine 4 tablespoons of the dressing with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic – let your meat sit in this mixture overnight, then grill to perfection!
Use as a drizzle: If you’re looking to add something special to cooked dishes like fish or vegetables, drizzle some honey-lime vinaigrette on top just before serving – it’ll give your dish a subtle sweet sour taste that will have everyone asking what your secret ingredient was!
How long does honey lime vinaigrette dressing last?
Your dressing should last for about 7-10 days in your refrigerator. To make sure it stays as fresh and delicious as possible, use airtight containers like mason jars. Make sure you tightly close the lid after each use and place the container on a shelf or in a drawer away from direct sunlight or any other sources of heat.
Do you have any tips for making honey lime vinaigrette dressing?
1. Start with fresh ingredients: This includes freshly squeezed lime juice and high-quality raw honey. This will ensure that your salad dressing has a wholesome, rich flavor.
2. Balance your flavors: A great tasting vinaigrette has well-balanced sweet, tart and salty flavors so adjust accordingly depending on your taste preferences. If you like it sweeter add more honey; if you like it more sour use less olive oil or add more lime juice or vinegar; if you want to amp up the saltiness then simply add more salt to taste.
3. Use high-quality oils: The quality of oil plays an important role when creating dressings because if the oils aren’t fresh then they won’t bring out maximum flavor potential when mixed together with other ingredients. Corn and vegetable oils should generally be avoided due to their lower nutrient density profiles compared to that of olive oil, avocado oil and non-gmo canola oil.
4. Get creative by adding additional flavor elements such as nuts or seeds – pine nuts have a delicious nutty taste which pairs perfectly with acidic citrus notes of lime juice while pumpkin seeds provide crunchiness and unique flavor that contrasts nicely against sweet honey tones in this type of salad dressing. Try substituting the honey for maple syrup or the olive oil for avocado oil.
In conclusion, a combination of simple ingredients such as olive oil, fresh lime juice and honey is the perfect balance of flavors to make your salad pop. Not to mention, it’s much healthier than bottled dressings full of preservatives and added sugar. Plus, its texture adds a luxuriousness that simply can’t be matched. Whether serving your salad as part of an entrée or as its own side dish, this recipe is sure to be a hit with friends and family.
Looking for More Condiments and Sauces?
Honey Lime Vinaigrette Dressing
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp champagne vinegar
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 tsp whole grain mustard
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tsp honey
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Squeeze the lime juice into a small bowl until you have 3 tbsp of juice.
- Peel and mince the garlic clove.
- In a bowl, whisk vinegar, garlic honey, parsley, lime juice, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Slowly pour olive oil into the mixture while whisking to emulsify.
- Store in an airtight container or mason jar. Refrigerate until ready to use.
I love making my sound salad dressing and this one didn’t disappoint at all was delicious