Our focus at Gimme From Scratch is creating dishes that are homemade. We do know you sometimes look for recipes that are quick, simple and still pack in the nutrients. Our cold veggie pizza recipe, which has been a staple in our household for over 30 years, is the first in our shortcut recipe series.
Table of Contents
This versatile appetizer uses store-bought crescent rolls as the crust, making it quick and easy to prepare. The toppings include broccoli, white and purple cauliflower, tomatoes, shredded cheese and green onions, giving it a beautiful presentation. Plus, the combination of cream cheese, mayo and sour cream as the “sauce” makes it irresistibly creamy and flavorful.
Does this recipe use Ranch Dressing Mix?
Nope! Ranch seasoning may be convenient to use, but it should usually be avoided if possible. It’s made up of a myriad of unhealthy ingredients which can cause inflammation and digestive distress. They typically contain, MSG, anticaking agents, artificial flavorings and preservatives.
We know there are many cold vegetable crescent roll pizzas using this mix but you don’t know need it! We promise. Ranch dressing is super delicious so we’ve created this flavor using real ingredients like fresh dill and parsley, garlic and onion powder. Please leave the ranch seasoning mix on the shelf!
Why We Love This Recipe
- Great for Parties: This cold veggie pizza recipe is the perfect addition to any party! Whether it’s baby showers, birthdays, cookouts or tailgates on game day, this colorful and delicious appetizer is sure to please. Keep in mind, this dish also works great as a light lunch.
- Quick and Easy: With our suggested shortcut of using grocery store crescent rolls, this dish will be done in less than 30 minutes!
- Versatile: This is one of those dishes where you can use what you have on hand and it will still be super delicious.
- Budget Friendly: This dish is budget-friendly, as it only requires a few simple ingredients that are likely already in your pantry or fridge.
Ingredients Needed for Veggie Crescent Roll Pizza
Crescent Roll Dough – We’re using the organic crescent rolls by Traders Joe’s. They are conveniently packaged in a refrigerated tube.
“Pizza Sauce” – For our veggie base, we’ll be combining softened cream cheese, mayo, sour cream along with fresh parsley, fresh dill, garlic powder and onion powder. You can substitute the mayo and sour cream with Greek yogurt.
Fresh Vegetables – Our recipe includes broccoli, purple cauliflower, green cauliflower, cherry tomatoes and green onions. We suggest using whatever fresh veggies you have on hand.
Cheddar Cheese – Not only does cheddar cheese add additional flavor to this appetizer but it makes the presentation even more beautiful with it’s pop of golden orange color.
How to Make This Cold Veggie Pizza
Bake the Crescent Roll Pizza Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut parchment paper the size of baking sheet. Unroll both tubes of crescent rolls. Lay the triangles of dough in the baking sheet to fit. Press and pinch seams together and fold any extra pizza dough around the edges. Bake for 10 – 13 minutes, until golden brown. Allow to cool completely.
Make the Cream Cheese Mixture: While the crust is baking, add cream cheese, mayo, sour cream, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and fresh herbs to a small bowl. Blend with hand mixer until creamy. You can mix by hand but it will take a bit longer and won’t be as smooth. Note: Make sure the cream cheese is softened at room temperature.
Prep the Veggies: Chop broccoli, cauliflower and tomatoes into bite size pieces. Dice the green onions and shred the cheese if using a block of cheddar cheese.
Assemble the Pizza: Spread cream cheese blend over cooled crust, leaving 1/2″ free around the edges. Top with broccoli and cauliflower, pressing into cream cheese spread. Now top with green onions, cheddar cheese and tomatoes. Cut into twelve squares. Enjoy!
Note: If you’re not serving right away, wait to add the tomatoes so the pizza does not become soggy. We suggest adding about an hour before serving.
How to Store Leftovers
Store leftover veggie pizza in an airtight container or covered in plastic wrap for 3-4 days in the fridge. We do not suggest freezing as the pizza will not thaw without becoming soggy.
Topping Ideas for a Cold Veggie Pizza Appetizer
We love this easy recipe because it is so versatile and it’s a great way to use up leftover veggies sitting around. Here is a list of our recommended toppings. The bolded ingredients are the ones we included in this recipe.
- Sliced tomatoes
- Sliced mushrooms
- Diced red onions
- Green Onions
- Green, Red or Yellow bell peppers
- Green, Kalamata or Black Olives
- White, Yellow, Green or Purple Cauliflower
- Artichoke hearts
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Crumbled feta cheese
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Goat cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil leaves
- Fresh oregano
- Fresh thyme leaves
- Roasted garlic
- Red chili flakes
- Honey, Sugar or Monkfruit added to cheese mixture
- Balsamic vinegar glaze
We hope you enjoy this cold veggie crescent roll pizza recipe and that it becomes a staple in your household for years to come! If you try it, let us know what you think in the comments below. Be sure to check back for another shortcut recipe from Gimme From Scratch.
Looking for another quick and easy appetizer?
Cold Veggie Pizza with Crescent Roll Crust
- 2 crescent roll tubes
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup may
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower, chopped
- ½ cup tomatoes, sliced
- ½ cup green onions, diced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/8 cup fresh parsley
- 1/8 cup fresh dill
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp white pepper
- Bake the Pizza Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut parchment paper the size of baking sheet.
- Unroll both tubes of crescent rolls. Lay the triangles of dough in the baking sheet to fit. Press and pinch seams together and fold any extra dough around the edges.
- Bake for 10 – 13 minutes, until golden brown. Allow to cool.
- While the crust is baking, add cream cheese, mayo, sour cream, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and fresh herbs to a small bowl.
- Blend with hand mixer until creamy. You can mix by hand but it will take a bit longer and won’t be as smooth.
- Chop broccoli, cauliflower and tomatoes into bite size pieces. Dice the green onions and shred the cheese if using a block of cheddar cheese.
- Spread cream cheese blend over cooled crust, leaving 1/2″ free around the edges. Top with broccoli and cauliflower, pressing into cream cheese spread.
- Now top with green onions, cheddar cheese and tomatoes.
- Cut into twelve squares.
These veggie pizza rolls are so addicting. Me and my kid fights over who gets to eat the last one all the time.